Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Why I continue to look at that face?

Why I continue to look at that face?

Why must I look at this face
Day after day
Why must I cause myself such pain
Why must I look at him
Day in day out
It's surely a bit insane.
Why must I look at this picture again and again and again

Because I remember how that forehead crinkled in concentration
How those eyebrows met at a plane
Those pretty little chinky eyes on me
As I pushed that damned camera away
The squishy little nose and those big dumbo ears:)
The softest pout my lips ever touched
And that great big bhalu hair

Try as I might I cannot forget these
Nor how they felt to my touch
His shadow lingers about me
It's all a bit too much

And hardest of all his smell in the air
It brings me the most pain
For I can remember all these things, and some more, clearly
And then I'm afraid I won't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment